Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Willows - a live video



Hello!
I'm sorry I've not posted anything in a while. Once I finished writing all the masters assignment, I got into learning the Swedish Nyckelharpa. I wanted to learn an instrument remotely, just like everyone who has been learning from my podcasts. It's been a really interesting learning experience. I should probably write it up properly, or at least document it in some way so that I can return to it later. Anyway, that's a conversation for another time. If you'd like to see how I'm getting on with the nyckelharpa you can see me with it here! Back to the Willows anyway. This was recorded live last week, it's two tunes. The Willows and the Three Ashes. You can get the dots from here. We love these two tunes, you need to watch though, they have to have a high G sharp and a high B to really make them work. So enjoy the movie, let me know if you play them. I'd love to hear it!
More soon I promise! Would you prefer podcast or video? I think I'd prefer to podcast, it's easier! I have a feeling that some links might be dead now, so let me know if I've missed any and I'll fix them!
:)
Vx

1 comment:

Ian G said...

Vicki - totally inspirational. Thank you for posting this video of your performance. I have the dots to "The Willows" - now to practice - you make it look so easy!
Best regards,
Ian
(East Hagbourne - Oxfordshire)